Thursday, November 21, 2013

First draft of feature article

Upcoming rock sensation, Darcey Reed, tells L O U D on her plans for worldwide domination. From Geordie girl to rock chick, Darcey began her dream to super stardom as a simple, ordinary girl. Sitting at the back of the classroom, minding her own business, until one very special teacher spotted her talent and her dreams became a reality. To be big and famous is all any teenager can dream about growing up and Darcey’s dream came true. Here, I get an exclusive interview with her to ask all the questions we all want to know.
 
How long have you known you wanted to be a singer?
Well I’ve always loved singing and I’ve always done it from being young, like singing around the house and stuff. My mam used to always tell me to be quiet because it’s all I ever done. I never shut up!
So has your mum always supported your career?
 
Ah yes, definitely, she’s always loved my voice, I think even if I was the worst singer in the world she would still support me no matter what I decided to do, but the fact that I chose signing, she loved it even more.
So how did it happen, how did you get discovered?
 
Well it was pretty normal really; it was at school and in one of my music classes when we were rehearsing for a show and my music teacher, Mrs Craske always used to say I should enter the school talent show.
So, did you enter the talent show?
 
Yes, after about two years of her trying to convince I eventually entered the show.
Okay, so we know you entered the talent show but what happened after that, how did you become a superstar?
 
Well, it was a weird situation really, I had taken guitar lesson at school and I had really learnt how to play it properly and I felt comfortable playing with it. So I decided that I would chose a song where I could play my guitar, I felt more comfortable with the guitar in my hands. Then there was talent agent I the audience and…

And…
And they thought I had talent just like Mrs Craske did, and well they asked if I would go for a meeting with their music company, and I said yes. I was a little nervous at first but my mum and Mrs Craske were so encouraging.
What did they have to say in the meeting?
 
Well they just said I had rare talent and that my talent was too good to go unseen. They offered me a record deal straight away and wouldn’t let me leave the room until I signed it.
So is the contract signed, sealed and delivered?
 
Yes, I’m contracted to work with the company, Music United, for at least five years.
And I hear they’re helping you with your world wide tour?
 
Yes, they’re really encouraging me to add more tour dates and everything, there all for a ‘Ultimate worldwide take over’
So where exactly is this world wide taking you around the world?
 
Well everywhere really, I think we’ve hit somewhere in every country. We’re going everywhere from Japan to America. It’s so exciting, I can’t believe i’m actually travelling around the world. Who would have thought it, little old me, travelling the world.
Wow, that’s amazing, so where are you most excited to go to?
 
Well i’m really looking foward to going around America, i’ve never been anywhere near there so i’m really looking foward to the journey there and back.

So is everybody really supportive of the tour?
Yes, they’re really encouraging me to add more tour dates and everything, there all for a ‘Ultimate worldwide take over.’
So, the questions everybody wants to know, who would be your favourite person to collaborate with?
 
Well they’re loads of artists i would love to work with, it’s so hard to choose just one. I would really really love to work with a band. I think that the atmosphere would be so great.
And another question from one of our readers, is there any boys on the scene?
 
No, not at the minute, I want to focus on my music and get my career sorted and into action first.
So what’s your favourite thing to wear on a day to day basis?
 
Well im quite a casual person, I like to wear dresses most of the time, and style them with different jackets, coats and cardigans. And I normally wear some sort of colour with my outfit. Like I like to wear a headband or coloured bracletr.
Okay, quick fire questions, favourite band?
 
Kings Of Leon
Favourite song?
 
Ah that’s a tough one, i think i’d have to say Mr Brightside by The Killers.
Okay and finally where to you hope to be in the future?
 
A superstar.

Well it’s been lovely speaking to you Darcey and I wish you all the luck in the world.

Aw, thank you I really appreciate it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment